Introduction to Globcoin
Globcoin is a Swiss Group that created a multi-currency platform which will allow all of its users to perform instant, secure and cost-effective transactions with digital and fiat currencies.
Globcoin’s clients will be able to create basket currencies conforming to their needs. Currency baskets are a portfolio of selected currencies with different weightings. These baskets have been commonly used to minimise the negative effects of currency volatility.
Globcoin has been marketing these currency baskets since 2012 to family offices and institutional investors and now they are preparing to launch this currency management service to the mainstream public.
The platform makes use of Ethereum’s blockchain technology and the following Group Structure:
- Reserve Currency Solutions (RCS SA) – established since 2012 in Zug, Switzerland, it has the purpose of creating and developing managed currency products such as Global Reserve Currency. Several pieces of IP related to multi-currency index management belong to RCS.
- OptimInvest – a regulated member of the OARG (Organisme d’Autorégulation des Gérants de Patrimoine), this Geneva-based currency manager provides advisory mandates for large clients.
- GLOBCOIN Ltd., created in 2016 ,- this company markets one of the first multi-currency e-wallets linked to a multi-currency Platinum Mastercard that provides its owner an access to interbank foreign exchange rates and free instant peer-to-peer transactions in most of the world’s available currencies. Based in London, its clients are business and individuals, travellers and expatriates out of 32 countries.
By using RCS’s Dual Token solution, Globcoin has come up with two Ether tokens:
- GCP: A Utility Token which was created with the purpose of issuing and accessing different currency baskets on the platform, including but not being limited to the World Reserve of Currency.
- GLX: This token functions as a store of value and a medium of exchange. Its value is linked to 15 of the most important currencies plus 5% gold. It is backed 100% on a 1 to 1 ratio.
The team behind Globcoin’s platform is a mix of talented and dedicated individuals. All of them have impressive and extensive CVs that contain previous big ventures, projects, top institutional degrees and scientific papers. Among the staff members of Globcoin there are a few of the biggest personalities in the finance, banking and management sector. This bold project was launched after they all recognized the advantages blockchain technology has to offer in the finance industry.
More on Globcoin’s Token Sale
Globcoin is launching a Token Sale that aims to produce capital which will be used to cover the costs of the development and improvement of various areas of the Globcoin infrastructure, such as marketing and PR, market data, simulation tools, currency portfolio management tools, creation of new products, operational and legal costs, partnership programs and other.
The Token Sale starts in January 2018 (pre-ICO with a 70% bonus from 8th to 12th , ICO from 13th to 31 st ) . The GLX token will not be used in the sale.
Below you will find more detailed information on the event:
- Token name – GCP;
- GCP created per 1 Ether – 100;
- Minimum Ether to be collected (participants can claim a refund if this floor is not reached)- 5,000;
- Maximum Ether (the token sales ends if this cap is reached)- 150,000;
- Maximum Ether (the pre-sale ends if this cap is reached)- 30,000;
- Maximum number of tokens generated to crowdsale participants- 15 850 000 to 37.8%;
- Maximum number of tokens generated to pre-sale participants- 5 100 000 to 12.2%;
- Maximum number of tokens generated for future business development, and market expansion- 12 570 000 to 30%;
- Maximum number of tokens generated to team, adviser and early backers- 8 380 000 to 20%;
- Maximum number of GCP generated- 41 900 000 to 100%
- London Blockchain Week on January 18 -19th;
- 6th North American Bitcoin Conference on January 18 -19th in Miami;
- Crypto Finance Conference on January 17-19th in St. Moritz, Switzerland;
- DC Blockchain Summit on March 6-8th in Washington.
This is a sponsored press release and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or views held by any employees of The Merkle. This is not investment, trading, or gambling advice. Always conduct your own independent research.